Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pictures from Europa

Cute couple spotted at Louvre

Cupid and Psyche

The serene Grand Canal at Chateau Versailles. Immediately reminded me of that scene in Marie Antoinette when Kirsten Dunst and the others opened up champagne bottles here during sunrise.

Renting a buggy in Versailles, since it's bigger than my suburb in Jakarta (Pondok Indah)

Sonia Rykiel by night.

Eiffel by night, sooo prettyy

Arc de Triomphe by sundown

Champs Elysées


The biggest Louis Vuitton store. Had to shelter here for an hour because of rain, which resulted in my mom buying a new luggage haha.

Second home.

My dad and my sister's RayBan.

The famous Alberto Giacometti sculpture.

The constant view you get when you drive around Cote D'Azur. We rented a Mercedes around France and got constantly overtaken by these types of cars; Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin and the like. Mercedes and Audi are like Kijang there now.

Cannes beach. A bit dissapointed by the fact that this famous beach are occupied by expensive restaurants. You have to dine there in order to swim. I prefer the more secluded beach in St Tropez.

Wouldn't you like to retire here (Monaco) some day?

I took theeesseeee!!!

And theseee!

Sundown in Lourdes. I love taking sundown pictures.

Dad took the nicest picture of us in Bordeaux.



Everyday we got bombarded by beautiful castles and spectacular views.

Of all the castles, Chambord is the most charming and peculiar.

My mom went into this small grocery store and asked if they sell cherries and these guys noticed the SLR camera she brought with her, and automatically shouted "HEYY PAPARAZZI!" and asked for a picture taken. How cute!

London traffic by night


The Queen, Prince William, Prince Harry and Camilla during the Queen's birthday parade near Buckingham Palace.



Went to see Jewels ballet at Royal Opera House London, lucky to get a box seat and was mesmerized by the interior.

Daddy strolling around Knightsbridge looking like a true Hugo Boss model ;)

Waffles with strawberries, marshmallows and chocolate lick yamm.


My dad said London Eye has the greatest ferris wheel. The Singapore Flyer one, although taller, are still incomparable. If you noticed the Sing one looks like an upside down bicycle wheel with two pillars to make it stand up (which looks ugly), whereas the London one was pulled up by 6 massive steel ropes for balance (in picture, sorry I'm bad at explaining civil engineering stuff).

At the Salvador Dali museum

On the plane.

We were lucky to be able to dine at Jules Verne, at Level 2 Eiffel Tower, which I reserved a month before. I strongly suggest you dine there next time you go. You. Won't. Regret. It.


Kong Bar & Restaurant, on the top floor of Kenzo store, if you noticed the glass dome roof, that's it. I'm in love with this restaurant. The interior (Phillipe Starck), the people who dine there (seriously chic, especially the Japanese group sitting next to me, whom I suspect one of them is Kenzo, and one woman wearing head to toe Marni), the waiters bedazzling in tuxedoes, and the food superbly delicious.


Moulin Rouge. I remembered attending a show there as a kid with my family and the rest of the tour group, and in one act the cabaret dancers went out with everything but a bra, and came down and asked my dad to join dancing with them, and I was pleading in horror not to let my father go to the stageeeee.

My sister, who has phobia of heights.




Pics of London.

No comments: